Gas Mask - 50cm
Gas Mask - 50cm
Truly racing cross requires a certain set of tools. Big lungs, suffering, patience, and determination. All of that can go for naught without the right equipment.
Gas Mask takes what we learned from Dune and Mulholland and brings them together into one new race bike. Combining a custom Dedacciai tubeset with proprietary chainstays and seatstays, custom machined headtube and bottom bracket, and a new interchangeable cable stop system, Gas Mask is ready for the hardest 60 minutes in cycling.
We thoughtfully massaged our Dune geometry, making it slightly more aggressive, then Frank the Welder then went about manipulating every tube on Gas Mask to achieve all of our goals. Each tube was reviewed with methodical attention to create a ride that has just the right combination of drivetrain and front end stiffness along with a forgiving ride to get you to the finish line.
Carryovers from Dune are a flattened top tube for ease of shouldering, threaded 68mm bottom bracket for silent operation, and a 44mm head tube for the ENVE tapered fork.
We demanded clearance for 40c tires but also the ability to use 46/36 chainrings.
Each frame is composed of the best materials available:
- All aluminum bikes are being made by Frank the Welder in Vermont
- We're using Dedacciai tubing mixed with US-made bottom brackets, head tubes, and dropouts
- Frames are finished to order, you choose the frame, decal, and headset colors
- Frames have clearance for 40c tires when the UCI isn't on your case
- Convertible shift routing accommodates mechanical 1x, 2x, Di2, and eTap
- Limited to 40 frames in the first batch
- Frames ship approximately 2 weeks after order confirmation and deposit
- Bikes will use a 31.6 seatpost, 35mm front derailleur clamp, a 44mm head tube, 142x12mm rear spacing, 100x12mm front spacing
- Frames are shipping with an ENVE CX tapered 12mm thru axle fork (1-1/8" to 1-1/2") and a Chris King Inset7 headset
- Approximate shipping will begin on 9/11