In dreams, you're mine, all the time. Forever.
Racing cross requires a certain set of tools. Big lungs, suffering, patience, and determination. All of that can go for naught without the right equipment.
Gas Mask takes what we learned from Dune and Mulholland and brings them together into one new race bike. Combining a custom Dedacciai tubeset with proprietary chainstays and seatstays, custom machined headtube and bottom bracket, and a new interchangeable cable stop system, Gas Mask is ready for the hardest 60 minutes in cycling.
We thoughtfully massaged our Dune geometry, making it slightly more aggressive, then Frank the Welder then went about manipulating every tube on Gas Mask to achieve all of our goals. Each tube was reviewed with methodical attention to create a ride that has just the right combination of drivetrain and front end stiffness along with a forgiving ride to get you to the finish line.
Carryovers from Dune are a flattened top tube for ease of shouldering, threaded 68mm bottom bracket for silent operation, and a 44mm head tube for the 3T flat mount fork.
Like Dune, Gas Mask is also ready to tackle gravel or the road. 700x40c or 650x47c max tire size offers massive flexibility on how you build yours.
Each frame is composed of the best materials available
- All aluminum bikes are being made by Frank the Welder in Vermont
- We're using Dedacciai tubing mixed with US-made bottom brackets, head tubes, and dropouts
- Frames are finished to order, you choose the frame, decal, and headset colors
- Frames have clearance for 40c tires when the UCI isn't on your case
- Convertible shift routing accommodates mechanical 1x, 2x, Di2, and eTap
- Frames ship approximately 8-12 weeks after order confirmation
- Bikes will use a 31.6 seatpost, 35mm front derailleur clamp, a 44mm head tube, 142x12mm rear spacing, 100x12mm front spacing, and have flat mount disc brakes (not seen in pictures)
- Frames are shipping with a flat mount tapered 12mm thru axle fork (1-1/8" to 1-1/2") and a Chris King Inset7 headset
A balance of hole shot straight-line speed and 180* off-camber stability, Gas Mask is your go-to when you toe the line and pin on a number.
50cm Gas Mask
52cm Gas Mask
54cm Gas Mask
56cm Gas Mask
58cm Gas Mask
60cm Gas Mask