The ruler is back
We've known for some time this was due. Our roots are in the dirt, though over the last 25 years bikes have changed. Spooky grew from the desire to build a better mountain bike, appropriate for our riding.
Much like Dune and Mulholland, we went to Frank the Welder with some geometry, some ideas, and a vision. He took our ideas, told us which ones to keep, which to scrap, and how to execute our paper drawings into a rocket ship of a hardtail.
Taking our plans of an XC race bike, 29" or 27+ tires, with modern features like stealth dropper routing and Boost rear spacing, FTW created Frank.
Starting with a premium Deda tubeset, FTW went about building custom tooling to manipulate each tube into exactly what we needed. From the bespoke caliper mount machined just for Frank, to the custom-shaped seat and chainstays offering the most possible chainring, tire, and heel clearance, FTW delivered the race bike of our dreams.
Let it rip.
Each frame is composed of the best materials available
- All aluminum bikes are being made by Frank the Welder in Vermont
- Custom tubing mixed with US-made bottom brackets, head tubes, and other frame parts
- The first run will consist of only 25 frames
- Bikes have clearance for most 29x2.4" or 27x3" tires
- Frames will begin shipping approximately 4/30
- Bikes will use a 30.9 seatpost, a 44mm head tube, 148x12mm Boost rear spacing
- Pre-Order launch bikes ordered before 3/31 are shipping with a Chris King Inset7 headset
- 1x drivetrains only
Combine anti-gravity climbing, quick switch-back smoothness, descending confidence, and a bit of rowdy excitement and you have Frank.
Frank frames are $1900
For pre-orders placed before 4/30, we're including a Chris King Inset7 headset. Shipping is set to begin before the end of April.